You know that you haven’t baked for your husband in awhile when he sees you making cookies and then asks, “So who are those for?”
When I told him that I was making cookies just for him, his eyes lit up.
As life has been very busy as of late, I turned to a super quick, half-homemade recipe. It uses a boxed cake mix so that you don’t need to add as many ingredients. The cookies come out chewy, sweet, and are bursting with lemon flavor. 🙂
(Just don’t put in two cookie sheets at a time. I tried and learned the hard way. The cookies on top came out perfect, but the cookies on the bottom came out burnt. They were so bad that I had to throw them out).
Lemonaid Stand Cookies
1 (18.5-ounce) package lemon cake mix
1/3 cup vegetable oil
Zest of 2 lemons
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon extract until well blended.
3. Place confectioner’s sugar in a bowl.
4. Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and roll in confectioner’s sugar until lightly coated and place on baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Cool for 2-3 minutes on the cookie sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.