I was honored over the course of the week to receive not one — but two — Versatile Blogger Awards! And I must say that both girls who passed the along award were well-deserving of their having won one as well! Megan from Maggie Mae’s Day and Melissa from Melissa’s Meanderings are extremely versatile, covering everything from fashion, to nail polish, to crafts, to humor, to just life in general. They both have a great sense of humor, but also aren’t afraid to tug at your pull-strings or to make you think a little. I feel that I’ve gotten to know them through the encouraging comments they leave on my blog and the fun posts that they publish on their own blogs.
And, girls, I have to say that I LOVE having you as blogger friends! You’re not only versatile bloggers. You’re crazy awesome, chics! Thank you for the award and for always stopping by and showing your support!
<<The Versatile Blogger Rules>>
1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post.
2. Tell 7 Random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers.
4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you’ve done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it… or not.
Hmmm, random facts…
1. My favorite candy is jelly beans! And, yes, it’s jelly bean season, so I’m stocking up!! I think I have this odd obsession with fruit punch, and so I’m addicted to fruity flavored candy. I know I should have grown out of my fruit punch stage when I reached the mature age of 7, but it just never happened with me. I love my fruit punch! 🙂
2. I straighten my hair for special occasions, like weddings and holidays, but — most often — I wear it naturally curly. Love how I can just tousle it a bit and then I’m good to go. As a little girl though, I hated it and always wished that I had straight hair. I also wished that my name was Jessica. Ha, ha. Don’t worry, I like my name now too!
3. I love bright, cheery colors. So it only makes sense that I drive a little, yellow car. Really, it just makes sense. Oh, and her name is Bumblebee, in case you were wondering! 🙂
4. I really don’t let a fear of what others might think stop me from doing something that just might be fun. Shuffleboard? Yeah, that game rocks.
5. I’ve been scared of having my picture taken since I was a little kid…. 😉 (I’m on the right… That cute foodie in the middle, stuffing her face, is my sister Sarah from Running to Slow Things Down). 🙂
6. My favorite ‘theme’ when it comes to birthdays, parties, and vacations is the tropics. I love the vibrant colors. The coconut and pineapple flavors. Oh, yeah, and the sunshine. Wish I could take a vacation to the tropics tonight… New England is sending out an April Fool’s surprise tomorrow, and we’re expecting up to a foot of snow. *sad face!*
7. I LOVE laughing until my sides ache!!!!! 🙂 So you can be sure that when it’s my turn to pick the movie, it’s a comedy!
But some other blogs came to mind as well because they’re not only versatile… but they’re loving the simple things in life too!
The Versatile Blog Award Gets Passed On To:
Just Married: Gina is a girl after my own heart. She’s in love with the English language, adores the classics, and is learning to be the best wife she can be… no matter what humorous obstacles are thrown her way. Even though we’ve never met personally, I feel that we’re already friends… 🙂
Can You Stay for Dinner: Andrea not only publishes delicious recipes, but her photographs make you wish that you could only jump into the computer and taste all that goodness first hand. But the thing that truly makes her versatile — and amazing — is her ability to tell a story with every recipe. To tell her amazing story. Trust me, you’ll want to read it!
Running to Slow Things Down: Sarah is already amazing at takings pics. But the photos and recipes that she shares come to life with her heartfelt stories and great sense of humor. I love this girl like a sister. Oh, wait, she is my sister! 🙂
Sweet Sweet Nothings: Cari’s blog is perfect for those busy mornings when you need a pick-me-up but don’t have time to make coffee. 🙂 Her posts are short, sweet, and always thought-provoking or fun.
Minnesota Housewife: This Minnesota housewife covers everything from birthday wish lists, to American idol, to sports. And you can always be sure that she’ll be finding the humor in every situation.
Between the Stacks: Krista has awesome book reviews and shares her love of reading with the blogging community… but she also captures small-town life in all its charm and whimsy. She, my friends, has mastered the art of description and would do Dickens proud! Lately, she’s also been covering her very own upcoming wedding and all the fun, craziness, and memory-making moments that come with that.
Life is Better than Fiction: Whether it’s decorating her home, baking, or playing with her ADORABLE dog Hunter, Meg’s photos and posts say it all. She is full of FUN and lives life to the fullest! Love that!
The Spoonful of Life: I’m not a food blogger, as you’ve already guessed, but I have to admit that Caitlyn makes food blogging look fun. She has amazing pics. Original recipes. And an awesome, fun outlook on life. This girl rocks!
Just Little Things: Sarah’s title says it all… She loves the little, yet special, things she comes across every day. Her posts will be sure to brighten your day!
Life: Allie’s blog always makes me smile. Whether she’s cooking up a storm, dreaming of summer, or running half marathons, she always has a smile on her face and a positive attitude.